The Business Engineer drives growth of technical product knowledge and sales in the distribution network through knowledge sharing, equipment demonstrations, training and customer visits.
Vermeer EMEA is looking for an
(40 hours a week)
to strengthen the Vermeer EMEA product support team.
You love the challenge of Horizontal Directional Drilling, the world of surface mining and/or major pipeline projects? You enjoy working around massive machines? You like to work highly independently and international traveling?
Do you recognize yourself in this then this job might be exactly what you are looking for!
The Business Engineer drives growth of technical product knowledge and sales in the distribution network through knowledge sharing, equipment demonstrations, training and customer visits. In this role he/she trains and supports the sales team of independently owned dealerships in the EMEA region for the respective Vermeer product line he/she represents. In line with that he/she also gathers information from the market to support EMEA product development for continuous improvement and fit-to-market product development. The Business Engineer is seen as the go-to person for in depth knowledge about product and application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present product management with data concerning new product design and enhancement feature designs to current and new products. Provide the field's perspective to service, engineering and production related to field issues;
- Create and deliver strategic and tactical training for sales and service personnel to promote the features and benefits of Vermeer products versus the competition.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with dealers/customers, product managers, engineers and management, to disseminate product related information as a subject matter expert using competitive market information to articulate and communicate the versatility and applicability of Vermeer products and product features in diverse conditions. Proficiently operate, differentiate, and demonstrate Vermeer product offerings as compared to competitors.
- Provide expertise relating to product promotion and market analysis to trade magazine editors and publishers, periodicals and journals, and social media sites. May write and present white papers regarding the products and product line to promote visibility and capture market share.
- Train customers/dealers on various application specific details and the effects on the machine performance; a train the trainer mindset is critical.
- Represent Vermeer by attending tradeshows, customer day events, sales meetings, and road shows as the Vermeer expert on the product line. Participate in dealer focus groups and annual business planning.
- Bachelor of Engineering with a Major/minor in economics or similar level;
- 5+ years’ experience working with market segment equipment and commercial experience;
- Experience working independently in the field;
- Written and verbal English fluency required. Verbal fluency in either French and/or German preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated project management skills to implement the necessary procedures and operational tactics to ensure the achievement of Dealer and Vermeer sales goals.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills with great discernment in communicating sensitive information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships and encourage openness while maintaining utmost company confidentiality, and trustworthiness with dealerships, co-workers, staff, clients and the community; effectively build relationships with individuals at all levels-from top management to service technicians to accomplish organizational tactical goals.
- Knowledge of company equipment and the competitive environment, understanding of market share, marketing trends and marketing analysis.
- Ability to create detailed, accurate, professional and error-free documents.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills; ability to be effective at multi-tasking, handle large volumes of work in a timely manner.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, and manage confrontation in high pressure situations; ability to break down complex situations into smaller, manageable, actionable pieces.
Up to 50% international travel by car or plane may be required.
For more information about the position contact Stephan Oppelaar, phone 0113-272746 or Benny Melse, phone 0113-272744.
Are you interested in this position send your motivation letter and CV via our online application page , or click on the apply button to the attention of Brenda Bosman (HR Officer).
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
Keywords: Sales, Application Specialist, Product Specialist, Support, Engineer, Engineering, construction equipment, Sales, Verkoop, Commercieel, Account Manager, Business Developer.
- Contract for a year with the possibility to an indefinite contract;
- Salary based on age and experience;
- 38 days off;
- Company car in case of an indefinite contract;
- Attractive bonus system;
- Participation in a collective pension fund.
Vermeer EMEA in ’s-Heer Arendskerke is the regional distribution center for Europa, the Middle East and Africa for Vermeer Corporation, Pella, Iowa, USA. Vermeer is manufacturer of iconic yellow iron seen on industrial jobsites and farm fields worldwide. With every hole drilled, tree chipped, bale rolled and rock crushed, our customers are doing more. They feed and fuel the world. They manage our precious natural resources. They connect people to the necessities of life.
Vermeer USA was established in 1948 and has approx. 2300 employees. Vermeer EMEA in ’s-Heer Arendskerke is established in 1979 and has approx 32 employees. The culture of Vermeer EMEA is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do Moretm.
Solliciteer op deze functie